Beijing 2000

I've made a decision on my exhibition next year. It will be at the Bankside Gallery next to Tate Modern in November 2009, a year from now. While Beijing will be a distant memory by then, London 2012 will be getting closer and it will be a great chance to both look back and forwards at the same time. I would like to call the show 'Citius Altius Fortius', after the Olympic motto 'Faster Higher Stronger' but not sure I will be allowed to. I think it speaks about sporting endeavor but also for the transformation of a country like China. There will be lots of news and events to tell you about between now and then, but I am likely to keep any images from the show under wraps until they go on public display. Here's a photo I took in Beijing in 1993 when they were bidding for the 2000 Olympic Games.

No comments: